- 3/4 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb dried black beans, cooked per instructions on packaging
- 2 cups dry rice, cooked per instructions on packaging
- 2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 2 cup shredded cheese
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
Cook 1 pound of dried black beans per the instructions on the packaging.
Cook 2 cups of dry rice per the instructions on the packaging
Dice 3/4 medium yellow onion.
Once beans and rice are done cooking combine the beans, rice, diced yellow onion, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, and 1 packet of taco seasoning.
Taste for seasoning. If you desire, add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I’d add 1/2 teaspoon of each until desired taste is accomplished.
Once it is seasoned to your liking and the contents of the bowl to a 9×13 baking dish.
Top with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Makes 7 servings.
Cost per serving $0.90.
One response to “Mexican Beans and Rice Bake”
[…] Mexican Beans and Rice Bake […]